How well do you remember this past weekend’s sermon? Test your recall below. In case you missed it, here’s the video!
- Before his conversion, Paul persecuted Christians. According to his “seminary application” in the sermon, what exactly did Paul do to Christians?
- (Hopefully this one is easy.) Paul wrote, “By the _______ of God I am what I am.” (1 Corinthians 15:10)
- In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul listed people who saw the resurrected Jesus. How many from his list can you remember?
- Fill in the blank with the sad alternatives suggested in the sermon: “By ______________________ I am what I am.”
- Paul refers to dead believers as “asleep” multiple times in the chapter, including 1 Corinthians 15:6. What does he mean by “asleep”?
Answers are below!
- He bound them, delivered them to prison, and in some cases oversaw their execution. (Acts 22:4)
- Cephas (Peter), 12 Disciples, 500 believers, James, other apostles, Paul. (1 Corinthians 15:5-8) (Bonus points for having them in the correct order!)
- Present circumstances, personal baggage, past mistakes.
- When Christ returns, the dead will wake up to new and eternal life!
Missed the Easter sermon? Here it is!