Among His toughest statements, Jesus said, “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” (Mark 10:25) How well do you remember the content of yesterday’s sermon on this text? Test your recall below! If you missed the sermon, here’s the video recording.
- What question did the rich young man ask Jesus?
- What did Jesus tell him to do?
- Who were some wealthy Bible people mentioned in the sermon?
- Eternal life is not about what you have or don’t have. It’s about ___ you have in your heart.
- Riches can both shape and _______ your heart.
Answers are below!
- “What must I do to inherit eternal life?” (Mark 10:17)
- “Sell all that you have and give to the poor … and come follow Me.” (Mark 10:21)
- Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Job, David, Solomon, Barzillai, Joseph of Arimathea
- WHO (Jesus!)
- For resistance against the powerful pull toward dependence on riches
- For humility and thankfulness for the abundance we’ve been given
- For the Holy Spirit’s guidance on how to practice generosity
- For a life that is “rich in good works” (2 Timothy 6:18) in joyful response to our Savior’s Good Work for us on the cross
For more on prayer, check out this short video.